13 Newland Street, shop windows, mostly toys and Christmas crackers on left and sweets on right, with fascia reading ‘Stationery & Tobacco. E.E.Green. Confectionery & Refreshments’. Miss Ethel Emma Green ran the shop from 1917 (when her sister Alice Mary, who was running it before that, married and moved away) to some time after 1924 when she married Walter King (her name is still there till the 1926 directories, whilst from 1929 onwards it becomes ‘W & E King’.
|Source||Littlewood, Sue. Her mother Ivy was Ethel and Alice's niece.|