1956 carnival procession passing the George (36 Newland Street) with ‘George Garage’ behind in Collingwood Road. Looking up Collingwood Road. Band passing. Doesn’t look like the one behind the children’s lorry on photo M1758. Is probably the 308 (Colchester squadron) Air Training Corps, though bands from the British Legion and the Chelmsford Silver Band also took part according to the newspaper report.
|Date taken||27 June 1956|
|Source||Willsher, Edith and Gerry|