Bridge Street, south side, west end. Left to right, Faragon Terrace (59-67 Bridge Street, brick), cottages 69 Bridge Street, 71 Bridge Street, 73 Bridge Street, 75 Bridge Street, 77 Bridge Street, 79 Bridge Street and 81 Bridge Street, projecting gable end of 83 Bridge Street (which was on the corner with Howbridge Road). The blue cross marks the former house of Henry R Resbury (b 1827) and Sarah Resbury (b 1824) who lived there c.1851-1903 (the cross put there by Percy Hubbard, their grandson, son of Charles Hubbard and Sarah Resbury). Henry R helped with the family chimney sweep business but was also a skinner and saddlemaker. The shadows with the tall chimneys are from the almshouses (50-58 Bridge Street) on the other side of the road. See photo M238 for context, where the cottages are between the telegraph pole and the near house, on the right hand side of the road. Also see M 622 for back of house, with extension on right extending into Fleuty’s yard, for which see photo M66, and M1726 for another view of the back of the house with no leaves on the creeper.
|Source||Long, Mary. Sent on CD. Her reference: Bridge Street Cottage.JPG|