Bottom of Newland Street looking up. No cars, some horses. Includes, on left hand side of the road, 72 Newland Street (Bradshaw, clothing, in directories 1899-1922), 70 Newland Street (Afford, stationer etc. with placards outside, in directories 1899-1917), 68 Newland Street (no name visible on shop but has advert on wall for ‘Fredk Pluck; hatter and hosier; boot repairing depot’, in directories 1899-1926), 66 Newland Street (all a house, left of horse and cart which is coming out of what is now Coach House Way, where there is a building unnamed), 64 Newland Street (behind the bush, Green, chemist, whose last entry in directories was 1912). On the right hand side of the road, more distant, left to right, the White Hart (white, two storey), the Angel (39 Newland Street, sign, two-storey), 41 Newland Street, 43 Newland Steet , 45 Newland Street, 47 Newland Street, Spread Eagle (49 Newland Street, with gable).
|Publisher||Bell (has picture of Bell and 'Leigh-on-Sea' on back|
|Date taken||1895 to 1914|