Bus on Collingwood Road railway bridge. Left of road, the fence round the cattle market, with small white weather-boarded building behind which was once the office of the cattle market but by this time would have been the shop ‘The Cabin’, or an estate agents. To the right of that is the old iron parapet of the railway bridge before it was widened in early 1960 (see photo M424). On the right of road, part of Slythe’s stonemason’s (green, left of bus), part of 1 Easton Road (white), and 64 Avenue Road (behind the sign post). The sign post is one of the type made by Maldon Ironworks and put up in around 1920. Registration numbers of car and bus not legible. The bus (Eastern National 335) is for Witham, it may have come from Notley.
|Source||Scott-Mason, John. 29 Homefield Road, Witham, CM8 2NS. He took the photo. Reproduced with the permission of Adam Scott-Mason.|
|Restrictions||If you wish to use this photo, please acknowledge the photographer, the late John Scott-Mason|