Car crash at the corner of Newland Street and Collingwood Road. The car in front, with its back to the camera (F4147) was registered to Joseph Ernest Glover of High Street, Witham, ‘for hire’ in 1910. It was a 16 h.p Bentall, 19 cwt, with a green touring body. In 1912 it was sold to the Revd. Henry Taylor Williamson Eyre of the Vicarage, Great Totham (reg. cancelled 1917) (information from ERO C/DF 11/3). The Bentall Agriculture Machine Co. was based in Maldon. According to Maurice Smith, the further car is also a Bentall. Includes left to right, 40 Newland Street (shoe shop), the George public house (36 Newland Street).
|Date taken||1908 approx|
|Source||Smith, Maurice. Now vol 6, T9, at Witham Library|