Crittall’s lead glazing works, Maltings Lane. Big group in a field. Second from the left in the back row, next to the man, is Emily Carter (later Mrs Charlie Wade, who married in 1929 and stopped working at the factory then). Second row from front, second from left, probably Miriam Mead (later Mrs Percy Smith). Front left is Evelyn Baldwin (4th from left, later Mrs Arthur Shelley). The factory probably opened in early 1926 (Witham UDC building plan 369, at ERO, approved 28 December 1925, is for the conversion of the old maltings, architect CHB Quennell)..
|Source||Wade, Cyril, 13 Long Acre Road, Cressing|