Crittall’s lead glazing works, Maltings Lane. Group of three with Crittall sign. On the left is Emily Carter (later Mrs Charlie Wade, who married in 1929 and stopped working at the factory then). The factory probably opened in early 1926 (Witham UDC building plan 369, at ERO, approved 28 December 1925, is for the conversion of the old maltings, architect CHB Quennell).
|Source||Wade, Cyril, 13 Long Acre Road, Cressing|