The crowd in Witham on the day of the funeral of King Edward VII, 20th May 1910.
It was a day of double mourning, because Admiral Sir William Luard of Witham Lodge had died the previous day after an accident.
See also photos M808 and M1748.
On the left, 70 Newland Street. In the centre, visible in distance in Guithavon Street, parts of All Saints church, National Schools, and 6 Guithavon Street. Right of centre, the tall building is 4 Guithavon Street. On the right is 68 Newland Street, Frederick Pluck.
There is a long report in the Essex County Chronicle for 27 May 1910, including details of the Church Services held on the day.
|Date taken||20 May 1910|