Dedication of cemetery, Rickstones Road, procession. Reverend A J T Lewis carrying the cross, followed by the two churchwardens with staffs of office (James Croxall on left, Henry B Peecock on right). Probably the Registrar of the diocese in wig behind them. The Bishop of Chelmsford on extreme right. The church choir follows, accompanied by Reverend Charles W Barlow (vicar 1933-1936) just to left of the procession’s leader.
M602 is another photo of the same event.
There is a report in the Braintree and Witham Times at about 8 November 1933.
|Date taken||8 November 1933|
|Source||Lucy Croxall. Daughter of James. Is in her scrapbook (ERO Acc.10690).|