Essex Agricultural Show at top of Newland Street, with policemen left. The show was held in the fields adjoining the Avenue. There were nearly 1,000 entries. Over 7,000 visitors came by train, and many more by foot, cycle and motor. Includes on left, left to right, the George public house (36 Newland Street), with a sign ‘Stop her. Glover Bros. Garage. Repairs. Cars for Hire’, and another ‘Caterer for cyclists’), 32 Newland Street, 30 Newland Street, 28 Newland Street, 26 Newland Street, 24 Newland Street, 22 Newland Street, Whitehall (18 Newland Street, tall, white). On right, left to right, Freebornes farm (under the last ‘E’ in Agriculture), High House (5 Newland Street, in trees), and the Red Lion public house (7 Newland Street, with sign saying ‘Lunches and teas’). Good of people.
|Date taken||June 1910|
|Source||Smith, Maurice. Now vol 5, E12, at Witham Library|