First World War, Royal Army Medical Corps (information from Ian Hook, Essex Regiment Museum). With civilians in crowd outside 18 Newland Street (Whitehall) which has sign on it reading ‘This desirable residence to be let or sold’ [last part not legible]. This building was the Quartermaster’s stores for the billeted soldiers (according to Mrs Mabel Nichol; see oral history tape 15, side 1). Roof of 16 Newland Street (Roslyn House) visible on right.
|Date taken||1914-1918 approx|