Four views. ‘No. 19’ at bottom left. Top right, The Avenue from north with gateposts and lodge. Top right, Chipping Hill green looking west, with left to right, Barnardiston House (35 Chipping Hill, with porch), end of 39 Chipping Hill, 34 Chipping Hill, 32 Chipping Hill (these last two on the green), 18 Chipping Hill and forge, with trap and people in front, White Horse (2 Church Street). parish church behind the latter. Lady on bicycle and boy with cart. Bottom left, Maldon Road from south, including on right hand side, from left to right, the Retreat (with gateposts and tree), the Bell beerhouse (37-39 Maldon Road, closed c.1912), 41 Maldon Road (school house), and Board school. Bottom right, middle of Newland Street, looking east. On left hand side of road, left to right, building with name of Norris on sign probably 60 Newland Street (John Norris and then Robert William C Norris were confectioners 1878 to 1912 (not 1914) according to directories), 58 Newland Street (lighter, two-storey). Right hand side of road, left to right, White Hart hotel (pale, low, two-storey, 6 windows in row), Angel Inn (39-41 Newland Street, with sign), 43 Newland Street, 45 Newland Street (Crickmore), 47 Newland Street (behind cart). Various carts.
|Source||Key, Margaret, via May, Peter|