George and Madge Pole. George was the first manager of W.J.Bush of Colchester Road. According to Pat Slugocki, owner of the photo, ‘He lived in Templars Close when he first moved to Witham and drove a Morris Oxford. Around 1959 he moved to 10 The Avenue’. See people files for more about them. Taken at the wedding of Wally Slugocki and Pat Dewdney at the old Catholic church, Newland Street (corner of Avenue Road).
|Date taken||18 June 1960|
|Source||Slugocki, Pat. Her reference Witham 6a.|