Glover’s first shop at 149 Newland Street; the signs are ‘Glover Bros., Cycle Makers, Engineers, Cycles, Domestic Machinery Repaired’. They first appeared in the directories in 1899. The brothers were Richard, Joe and Tom, son of Tom who moved from London to Wickham Bishops. On the left is a a 1898/9 Benz, and on the right a Daimler. Before long they became involved with motor cars, and moved to larger premises at 153 Newland Street and 155 Newland Street. Also includes part of 147 Newland Street (on the left) and 151 Newland Street (on the right).
|Date taken||1899 to 1910 approx|
|Source||Smith, Maurice. Now vol 6, T6, at Witham Library|