Old office and lab of Cooper Taber (seed company) at bend in Avenue Road, being demolished. It was a remnant from before the 1953 fire. Polly Wheaton used to work there checking seed; very strict. Cooper Taber’s prizewinning glass building (the square part of it) behind on the right; it was built in Station Road in 1956. The copy in the album was made from a copy neg taken from a print. The scanned version on the computer was made from the original negative; this latter may be the clearer version but has not been printed out.
|Date taken||19 May 1958|