Old photo of top of Newland Street, south side. Two small cars. Left to right, 3 Newland Street (Freebornes, with gables above car in middle of road), 5 Newland Street (High House, 3-storey, with wall and trees either side), Red Lion (7 Newland Street, with signs), 9 Newland Street (bay window, J Taber), 11 Newland Street and 13 Newland Street (W and E King). W and E King were Walter and Ethel (nee Green); they married in 1924.
|Publisher||Bell [to judge from number]|
|Date taken||1929 onwards|
|Source||Braintree and Witham Times|