Mug produced to commemorate the visit of Princess Louise to Witham on 27 April 1885. A soldier from Bristol billetted at number 11 Chalks Road, gave it to ‘Old Ma White’ who lived there who gave it to Mrs Owers’ sister who gave it to Mrs Owers. Princess Louise was the Marchioness of Lorne, a daughter of Queen Victoria, born in 1848. See also photos P180/3A and 4A for plate with same picture.
|Date taken||1988 approx|