The Girls’ and Infants’ playground at the National Schools, Guithavon Street, c.1960. The benches where the children are sitting, back onto the school’s old air-raid shelters. These Church schools, opened with the adjoining All Saints church in 1842, were closed in 1967 and replaced by the new Howbridge School. The old site was incorporated in the Newlands car park. On the right, leaning forward, is Julie Beardwell (later Mrs Minton).
|Date taken||1960 approx.|