Powershall End, western end, with cottages and Victoria public house. Mrs Harriet Turner in apron on right, probably having just left the communal bakehouse which she was the only one in the road to use. She and her family lived in a cottage just off the photo to the right. The sites of the cottages are now occupied by 127 onwards, Powershall End. The original was Mrs Edith Raven’s (Harriet Turner’s daughter), but she thought she never received it back after publication, so this is just taken from the newspaper.
|Date taken||1904 approx|
|Source||Braintree and Witham Times, 28 November 1974.|