The Red Cross Hospital from the gate, with a sign ‘Red + Hospital’. This was in the hospital wing of the building which was originally built as the Witham Union Workhouse, in Hatfield Road. More recently it has been the ‘Bridge Home’ and now ‘The Bridge’.. This hospital wing was on the 1922 OS map but not 1897. Search for ‘Hospital at the Bridge Home’ to see the map. The Hospital Wing has since been demolished. See also M630.