The scene after the Constitutional Club fire in 1910, from Newland Street, still smouldering, with a policemen.
Includes on the left, a small part of the Congregational church (later United Reformed Church). On the right, 88 Newland Street, in ruins (Beard’s hardware).
There are a large number of other photos of this event. Put Constitutional in the Search box. This will also produce a lesser number of photos of the new Club, which was built in 1910 in Collingwood Road.
See also the Essex County Chronicle, 11 February 1910.
|Date taken||9 February 1910|