Sir William Cubitt,(1785-1861), who in his youth worked for Ransomes of Ipswich, and in 1814 designed Sauls Bridge, in Maldon Road, Witham for them. This bridge was the second earliest iron bridge built in Essex, and is now the oldest which survives.
|Date taken||Date unknown|
|Source||Postcard purchased from the National Portrait Gallery. NPG number 6109.|
|Restrictions||Provided by the National Portrait Gallery under a Creative Commons Public Licence. The work is protected by copyright.|