The station with maltings (Harrison Gray) on the left. Cattle trucks in front of it (with ventilators). Just past the maltings, is the old wooden goods shed, which was nearly circular. Probably built not long after the original station (which was in 1843). Freight would go there to be unloaded. On the right, the Junction signal box. To the right of that, are probably part of Cullen’s seed trial grounds. Information from John Newman. See also M580 and M581, M2776-M2783, and M2785-M2788.
|Publisher||Great Eastern Railway|
|Source||John Newman, 35 The Avenue, Witham, CM8 2DT|
|Restrictions||From the Windwood collection at the National Railway Museum, York. Copyright of the NRM. Their ref GE 716. Their copyright.|