A view of the station from the east. On the far left is part of the old wooden goods shed, which was nearly circular. Probably built not long after the original station (which was in 1843). Freight would go there to be unloaded. The water tower was on top of the stand with the five arches. The thin building to the right of it, weather-boarded, had the hydraulic equipment, pump etc, for the lifts in the station. A steam train, F class, is in the Braintree line. The houses on the left are in Easton Road. Information from John Newman. See also M580 and M581, M2776-M2780, and M2782-M2788.
|Publisher||Great Eastern Railway|
|Source||John Newman, 35 The Avenue, Witham, CM8 2DT|
|Restrictions||From the Windwood collection at the National Railway Museum, York. Copyright of the NRM. Their ref GE 709.|