The Albert (2 Chipping Hill), corner view. Signs for Trumans Beers. The Albert became a pub in 1842 (renamed The Railway after a fire in about 2015).
Also includes a bit of the Grange (4 Chipping Hill) on the left, and a small building between the two.
The Albert and the Grange are on the site where the Knights Templars, and then the Hospitallers, had a chapel and farm buildings till the 1500s.
For more about the Albert, see the Articles category, number 33.
|Date taken||1911 to 1934, perhaps nearer to 1911|
|Source||Askins, John, (lived in Switzerland). His forbears ran the Albert earlier in the 20th century.|