Thomas Dodman, chimney sweep from Witham. He probably came from Suffolk. He was in Bridge Street (at what became number 81, near the corner with Howbridge Road) from c 1914 till World War 2, then at 89 Church Street, where he had a small field below the house for his pony and cart (field used for pre-fabs after the War).
|Date taken||1950 approx.|
|Source||Book 'John Tarlton's Essex', page 91. Information from John Thurgood|