Top end of Newland Street looking east. Left to right, left hand side of road, Whitehall cinema and tea rooms (18 Newland Street; no film names given; in a 1961 photo they were on a strip above canopy, so this photo might be before that happened, or after it closed soon after), tree outside Roslyn House (16 Newland Street). Right hand side of road, Powlings’ egg packing place (left of telegraph pole), Freebornes farmhouse (right of telegraph pole), Cook’s butchers (with blind), Post Office (arched windows ground floor), High House (Stoffer chemist), the last three all part of 5 Newland Street. Car in front of Whitehall as an SEV registration; they were issued in 1951.
|Publisher||Bell's Photo Co Ltd, Westcliff on Sea. Real Photo Series.|
|Source||Willsher, Edith and Gerry|