03. The Hospital

In 1900, the Witham Urban District Council owned  ‘Hospital field’ in Dengie Lane, somewhere near Dengie farm, south of Witham (the photo shows the farmhouse). However, it was just that, a field. It was remote from the town so thatDengie farmhouse, on the southern edge of Witham. Near here was Dengie Lane, where the “Hospital … Continue reading “03. The Hospital”