Witham Literary Institution – some newspaper references

Witham Literary Institution List of some Chronicle references up to 1849  The Institution met in a building in front of the United Reformed Church in Newland Street. After the Institution closed down, the building was taken over by the Constitutional Club. It burnt down in 1910 Chelmsford Chronicle, 8 November 1844, page 3 Opening. Chelmsford … Continue reading “Witham Literary Institution – some newspaper references”